Do you need a DBA from time to time?
Following an audit, it’s not rare for customers to want me to come in from time to time to check that everything’s running smoothly.
It’s also an opportunity for you to ask for consulting services.
There are several advantages to this kind of service:
- You have a dedicated contact
- It’s reassuring to have a DBA not far away.
- You don’t have to hire a DBA, so you keep your flexibility.
- You don’t have to keep a technical watch on Postgres and its ecosystem.
- We know each other, I know how your teams work, I know your business.
- I know your database and its workload. I’m better able to identify abnormal behavior (performance degradation).
- I keep a close watch on Postgres and its ecosystem.